Rose Counselling Northern Ireland
Christina Bateson – Integrative Therapist
BA, PGCE, FdSc. (MBACP)
'A safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.' - Maya Angelou
- Rose is a family name and has special associations for me. As a counsellor, I aim to be my authentic self – As genuine and open as I can.
- The Rose Room – My new therapeutic space where I can more ably incorporate creative and individualised methods. This location features roses around its exterior.
- We all have the potential for growth and we all ‘bloom’ at different rates. Like these flowers, people are different, individual and unique.
- I have much experience working with young people. Being a child or adolescent can be challenging, and the rose suggests this time of blossoming, but it may not be without its thorns.
- Finally – The letters appropriately stand for: Respect, Openness, Support and Empathy.
I am an Integrative Therapist – Drawing upon the Person-Centred, CBT and Psychodynamics approaches, to meet client needs.
My aim is to provide a safe environment in which you, the client, experience non-judgement, empathy and a trusting therapeutic alliance.
Beginning my career as a teacher, I have significant experience working with young people, and much of my counselling experience has involved working with this age group.
Professional development is very important to me. I strive to keep learning and furthering my knowledge so I can support clients appropriately.
Currently, my services are carried out face-to-face; online, via the Zoom platform, or by telephone.
I am a registered member of BACP (387492) and accredited member of NCS (NCS22-00450), thus conforming to their professional standards and ethics.
I look forward to welcoming you as a potential client.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
– BA (Hons) English (QUB).
– PGCE (QUB).
– FdSc – Distinction (UU) (Qualified June, 2021).
– Mental Health First Aid.
– EFT/ TFT Tapping Practitioner.
– Play Therapy training.
– Bibliotherapy, Literature and Mental Health.
– Fundamentals of Family Theory.
– Working with Young People – Anxiety, low mood and body image; Resilience.
– Safe guarding and Child Protection training.
– Professional training in the applied use of Mindfulness for 12-18-year olds
– Significant experience delivering workshops and programmes in Mindfulness and mindset
– 20 years of experience working with children and young people (up to the age of 19) in an educational and pastoral capacity.
– Almost two years of experience as a volunteer counsellor for Children and Young People.
– BACP/ OU course in online and telephone counselling.
– Sand Tray Therapy Training (CPCAB endorsed).
– Working with Young People (Outcomes listed in Counselling Young People in the BACP Training Curriculum).
– Creative Counsellors member.
– Member of the NCS Children and Young People Therapist register.